Ready Set Push is a non-profit organization with a mission to provide high-quality childbirth education and resources to low-income families. They recognize that improving maternal and infant health outcomes involves offering comprehensive prenatal education and support throughout pregnancy and beyond. Here's an overview of their current programs and ways to get involved:
- Diaper Drives and CPR Classes: Ready Set Push collaborates with healthcare professionals, community organizations, and maternal health groups to conduct quarterly diaper drives for the community. During these events, they distribute diapers, baby wipes, baby clothes, and baby furniture. Additionally, families have the opportunity to learn both adult and infant CPR. Donations of the listed items and refreshments for the events are always needed. Volunteers are welcome to contribute to these drives.
- MAMMA (Metro Atlanta Mothers Milk Alliance): This program aims to screen donors who provide human milk and distribute it to those in need. It helps families bridge the gap between early breastfeeding challenges and accessing quality lactation support. They require freezer bags, breast milk storage bags, gas cards, volunteers to handle and distribute milk, and tech support. If interested in supporting this initiative, visit www.readysetpush.org.
- Virtual Online Childbirth Classes: Ready Set Push has launched a virtual childbirth class series based on Lamaze's Six Simple Steps for a Healthy Birth. These classes are accessible through their website using the Teachable platform. We will announce a formal launch of this program soon after completing our final soft launch.
- Bimonthly Breastfeeding Classes and Support Group: The organization hosts free monthly breastfeeding classes and offers support to a weekly breastfeeding support group with more than 80 members. The support group connects families virtually and gives them access to International Board Certified Lactation Consultants (IBCLCs). Donations are needed to provide stipends to the consultants who support these families. Starting in January of 2024 we are launching a free monthly postpartum maternal mental health support group. We will provide access to mental health professionals, lactation support and general community support for all postpartum families virtually once per month.
- Ready Set Push provides a postpartum blood pressure program for Postpartum families. We provide blood pressure monitoring, postpartum doula services and community support services for postpartum families. We have provided blood pressure monitoring services for the Department of Public Health with a past grant funded blood pressure monitoring program and hope to continue to partner with them for future programs.